Welcome to Newspaper Library in Japan!
We collect daily newspapers which are members of the Nihon Shinbun Kyokai (The Japan Newspaper Publishers & Editors Association). 170 titles of newspapers published within the past four months can be found in original copies while those dating as far back as 1872 are stored in our 53,000 reels of microfilms and CD-ROMs, from which copies could be made within the copyright limit.
Apart from newspapers, you can also find some useful yet interesting books about journalism in our library. Our pay-per-view newspapers information services are also available on the internet free of charge.
If you want to research something about Japan, Newspaper library will be a good place to start with.
Hours10:00 through 17:00
HolidaysClosed on Monday and Tuesday. Year end and start(December 29 to January 4).
Japan Newspaper Museum, the newspaper library and the NIE National Center, run by Nihon Shinbun Kyokai, are located in the Yokohama Media and Communications Center.
- Next to Nihon Odori Station(Minatomirai line)
- 10-minute walk from Kannai JR train/municipal subway stations
- 1-minute walk from Kencho-mae municipal bus stop
- In front of Nihon Odori sightseeing tour bus stop(Akaikutu)
- 3 minutes by car from Yokohama Park exit ramp of the Metropolitan Expressway
|Japan newspaper Museum (Newspark)||Tel：045-661-2040||Fax：045-661-2029|
|NIE National Center||Tel：045-661-2031||Fax：045-661-2039|